Welcome

Haileyburiana is a miscellany of things I got up to as President of the Haileybury Society in 2010 - 2011 and random musings on things to do with Haileybury. Whether you are an OH, a current pupil or parent, a teacher or other friend of the school I hope you will find something interesting here. The blog is no longer regularly updated, but there may still be occasional posts.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Man of the Match

What a splendid surprise to be given an envelope yesterday with a note from Nick Courtney (M 1960). Robin Bishop (Staff 1985 -) (General Secretary) passed it, still sealed and with the contents a mystery, to John Palmer (E 1962) (Chairman of the Trustees) with the instruction to shake my hand and offer congratulations. John did so, both he and I mystified. When I opened the envelope there was a note and a medal, announcing that the Haileybury Veterans' Rifle Club have made me Man of the Match for the shooting at Bisley in July.



Thank you Nick - I am not sure I have ever been Man of the Match for anything before, and I am honoured and chuffed. Everyone else shot straighter than I did, but it was great fun to be included. Thanks also to Humphrey Nye (Staff 1961 - 1994) who guided me to Bisley and showed me round.



There are some pictures of the day here, and in the Haileybury Society News 2011, my copy of which arrived today.

No comments:

Post a Comment