Welcome

Haileyburiana is a miscellany of things I got up to as President of the Haileybury Society in 2010 - 2011 and random musings on things to do with Haileybury. Whether you are an OH, a current pupil or parent, a teacher or other friend of the school I hope you will find something interesting here. The blog is no longer regularly updated, but there may still be occasional posts.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Term Starts Today

No posts over the weekend, which was a bit busy round the edges. On Saturday the Vicarage was a whirl of trunks, tuck boxes and packing ready for the new term. The things we had lost - and the rather awful things found in the bottom of tuck boxes which had been left to fester!


Finally we had gathered everything, but the pile on the foot of the bed all needed naming, and even I tried my hand with a needle.


Meanwhile there was extra to do to be ready for Sunday to bring into use for the first time what the Faithful are calling "Father's new toy" - the new projector and screen which I used to put illustrations up for my sermon.

Luggage for Highfield
Haileybury term begins in the morning for those going into the Removes, as the eldest was, so, order having been forced on the heaps, I bade farewell to our new Remove and sent him off with his mother (driven kindly by a friend in their car). Then I went up later with another load of luggage and No 2 son.

Luggage for Lawrence
"Father's new toy" worked very well on what turned out to be a busy Sunday with just under 300 in church. I suppose Sundays are quiet for most people, but I wish term started on a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment