Welcome

Haileyburiana is a miscellany of things I got up to as President of the Haileybury Society in 2010 - 2011 and random musings on things to do with Haileybury. Whether you are an OH, a current pupil or parent, a teacher or other friend of the school I hope you will find something interesting here. The blog is no longer regularly updated, but there may still be occasional posts.

Friday, August 27, 2010

They said not to look down

"How did you get on with the high wire rope challenge?"
"Not good. You know how they say not to look down? Well looked up; then I couldn't see where I was putting my feet, and I fell off."
The Haileybury Activity Week is a feast of fun and games, mainly at school but also using the facilities round about. I have just got in from collecting my youngest from this year's week, and he is buzzing with it. Run by Tana MacPherson Smith as part of her marketing brief, the week is partly a matter of finding out what it is like to board; partly just about having fun; partly about building confidence to mix with a whole lot of new people. Members of the Haileybury Staff and older pupils come together to lead the week.
Jump!
Anyway the small one has now has now done something I never have - and maybe never will: spent a week sleeping in Batten!

No comments:

Post a Comment