Welcome

Haileyburiana is a miscellany of things I got up to as President of the Haileybury Society in 2010 - 2011 and random musings on things to do with Haileybury. Whether you are an OH, a current pupil or parent, a teacher or other friend of the school I hope you will find something interesting here. The blog is no longer regularly updated, but there may still be occasional posts.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dardanelles

It has been nearly a week since I posted, for which I am sorry. A busy patch has kept me away from the blog.

Gerald Wilson said that he had heard of a ghost of the Lower Dardanelles. It is a bit of a spooky corner I suppose. I confess that I had forgotten the name given to the passages between Quad and Little Quad. I am told by my spies that it is yet another bit of Haileybury nomenclature which has faded away.

To my mind the Upper Dardanelles is a more atmospheric corner.

Lower Dardanelles

Lower Dardanelles 
Upper Dardanelles
Upper Dardanelles

No comments:

Post a Comment