Welcome

Haileyburiana is a miscellany of things I got up to as President of the Haileybury Society in 2010 - 2011 and random musings on things to do with Haileybury. Whether you are an OH, a current pupil or parent, a teacher or other friend of the school I hope you will find something interesting here. The blog is no longer regularly updated, but there may still be occasional posts.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Take it away Ernie!

Does anyone else remember the school museum? It was in one of the rooms now used by the music department under the Bradby. By and large it was a tedious collection of Roman Pottery, but I remember being shown what I thought then were fascinating exhibits, and now with more adult sensibilities and after thirty years of increasing political correctness, find rather horrifying: two 'shrunken heads.' They may well have been fakes - apparently many if not most are / were; but I wonder what happened to them. Maybe they are in some vault somewhere under the Quad…

There is at least a case of (more interesting than I remember) Greek and Roman artifacts outside the Classics Form Rooms. No shrunken heads though. Here's one.

No comments:

Post a Comment